Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Dr. Satyendra Kumar Agrawal is no more



I was very much shocked when I got a message from Mrs. Jeevan Jyoti about demise of Dr. Satyendra on 21st of this month. It took me a long time to accept, especially as I got his last mail on 20th of this month as Mrs. Jyoti also got his mail on the same day.

I was in touch with him from more than 25 years, although personally met him couple of times only. He was a great well-wisher not only for me but for all philatelic fraternity in the country. He always guide and inspired me to continue publication of “ITS Stamp News”, whenever I feel to discontinue the same. He selflessly wrote various articles not only for our magazine (almost for every issue) but also contributed for various other journals & bulletins in the country. He has vast knowledge about philately and has good command on his writings. He was also an excellent Cartoonist and contributed for various forums with his simply line sketches, which means a lot.

My heartfelt condolences to his family members  ...May his soul rest in peace and may god give strength to bear this loss to all his friends and family members. He may be far away from all of us now but his writings and contribution for all of us, remains in our mind always.

~ Suraj Jaitly, Editor

No comments: